Monday, January 17, 2011

Reflecting the Light of the Son

John 3:21
But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.


I was listening to a astrophysics lecture which spurred these thoughts.....

The moon cannot produce light on its own. It is dark, and cold by nature. It's only way to give light to others is byreflecting the light of the sun. 
Therefore, if something comes in between the sun and the moon, the moon is absent of light. It once again becomes cold and dark. 





Many times Christians let things come in between them and God. They build up walls that separates them from His light and over time they become cold. 
Until they knock down the walls they have built and realign their lives with God's plan, they cannot truly reflect His light to the world around them. 

Like the moon reflects the light of the sun, so I must reflect the light of the Son. 

All my ideas are nothing compared to God's ideas. Are the strangers, friends and/or my family I interact with on a daily basis taking away my wisdom or God's wisdom? My truth or God's truth? Are they experiencing my limited love or God's limitless love? Am I truly reflecting the light of Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment